Aikido with Patrick M. and Kel
- warmup and ukemi emphasizing forward roll and slipping side fall
- tegatana emphasizing keeping fingers together, the pulling feeling in stepping (i.e. moonwalk), and not making extra arbitrary motions to correct for imperfections in stance.
- hanasu emphasiing releases #1 and #5
- chain #1 emphasizing the shortcut - chudan aigamae to tenkan to kotegaeshi-kotehineri loop. We talked about letting the step release instead of releasing then stepping.
- randori emphasizing slow, smooth, continuity, going with your reflexes to see if you win or lose.
- we saw a lot of different instantiations of the goofy-foot backwards turn from tegatana (the next-to-last move)