Aiki with Rob
Today was the beginning of our 5am aiki/judo mixed class. This morning was pretty cold and the mats were stacked so we did sweats and shoes aikido without the mats.
- tegatana emphasizing pulling with the front foot and making the turns more stable and stronger.
- hanasu working a lot on synchronization, stretching the step, direction of offbalance, and doing true releases so that uke can't reverse you.
- Chains 1 and 3 as a demonstration of how these release ideas come together into techniques.
- shomenate (junana and nijusan versions as two ends of a spectrum)
- Plus I got some jodo solo work done. Saw a neat thing on #7 and #8. Hard to put into words right now, but might improve #8 some.