- warmup with some light-movement randori with Rob
- footsweep to control drill with the idea of how do you make a reluctant or careful opponent attack so that it is easier for you to counter
- deashi as a response to stiffarming
- hizaguruma as a follow-up to deashi
- groundwork mobility drill with emphasis on positional asphyxia in kesa, mune, ushiro kesa, and tate
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
AM judo with Rob & Rick
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
People often ask me at what age should they start their kids in martial arts. I will occasionally take kids as young as 3-4 as long as the p...
Another thing that Chad asked for the other day in his comment to my post about teaching kids judo was some description of our favorite ...
One can think about kuzushi in a lot of different ways, including - A pre-requisite or set-ups for doing a technique. The first s...
A couple of thoughts from a renaissance man - probably not a stretch to say this is applicable to aikido and judo... “Everyone should c...