- groundwork mobility cycle X2 as warmup
- hizaguruma from the deashi bump
- newaza randori. I got Rob twice in various positional things and he ran me to a draw the third time. Good sweaty exertional judo.
- drilled legs-over escape from jujigatame. Rob brought up the point that omoplata might be a threat if you do legs-over from there. In judo you don't have to worry about that but it is something to think about.
- switched to aiki for a cooldown. repped owaza #1-4 many times into a crashpad and then did a handful of reps of owaza 5-10.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Good AM exertion
5AM judo/aiki with Rob
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
People often ask me at what age should they start their kids in martial arts. I will occasionally take kids as young as 3-4 as long as the p...
Another thing that Chad asked for the other day in his comment to my post about teaching kids judo was some description of our favorite ...
So many readers have enjoyed my aikido vs. judo article from last year that I figured I'd try my hand at doing a comparison between ...
This is one of the perpetual questions for beginners and often as not, even more advanced players have a hard time sorting out the differenc...