This past week, we had two students test successfully for Green belt (Yonkyu) and one student test successfully for 2nd Brown Belt (Nikyu) - Congrats Kel! So what material is waiting in the wings for these guys?
In aikido, our green belts will be working on elbow techniques - controlling uke's center of mass through his elbow...
- oshitaoshi (A.K.A. ikkyo)
- udehineri (A.K.A. kaitennage)
- wakigatame (A.K.A. gokyo)
- sumiotoshi and its variants
In judo, we'll have another student ready for green belt in about 2 months. Between now and then, this student will be working on the following material...
- inside reaps (ouchigari & kouchigari)
- improving the fundamental escapes from kesa, kata, kami, and mune
- hadakajime (rear naked choke)
- basic armbars (wakigatame and udegarame)
Patrick Parker, is a Christian, husband, father, judo and aikido teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: email@example.com or phone 601.248.7282