Photo courtesy of Kentanen
In my ongoing series of monthly principles, June 2009 was Otoshi-Guruma month. In several posts I discussed an interesting dimension of human motion that, if you can take some time and get acquainted with it, you can use this type of motion to your advantage. To see the posts in which I discussed otoshi and guruma, check out the following.
- Otoshi-Guruma introduction
- Slow-motion video analysis of otoshi and guruma
- Otoshi and Guruma as directions
- Otoshi and Guruma as distinctive ukemi
- Otoshi and Guruma in the Tomiki Aikido Syllabus
- A specific example - Taiotoshi
- A specific example - Yoko Guruma
- A specific example - Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi
...and stay tuned to see what this month's theme will be at Mokuren Dojo.
Patrick Parker, is a Christian, husband, father, judo and aikido teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 601.248.7282