Over the past few years, Aikido Journal has picked up and reprinted several of my articles from here at Mokuren Dojo. Thanks Aiki Journal guys, for the attention! I've enjoyed the increased exposure and it has allowed a much larger group of people to enjoy my ideas here on the blog (or at least a larger group is laughing at my ignorance now).
Following is a list of my articles that Aikido Journal has re-published. You might enjoy perusing these and reading or re-reading them.
- The least sexy is the most important
- Kuzushi is useless unless it is effortless
- The Long, Lost Goshin Jutsu post
- What can aikidoka learn from judoka?
- Invisible Shomenate
- Shihonage - 4-way throw or 4-way release?
- Structure and pliability in ukemi
- Kuzushi is an out-of-body experience
- A fight to the distance
- Feldenkrais principles in aikido
- 10,000 hours over 28,000 days
- Slow and steady wins the day
- Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat
- Ego in the martial arts
- Knife changes nothing
- Atemi is 80% of aikido
- Aikido is 100% atemi
- Kata is not real aikido
- Interview: Gene Lebell
- Interview: Roy Dean
- Junanahon kata
- Aikido is great for self-defense
- Don't do tsuki forever
- The best self-defense skill there is
- Rethink your ukemi
- Attack of the living dead
- Advice from a world champion
- Seth Godin on aikido and judo
- Everyday aikido
- Aikido and Baseball
- Doshu aikido video demonstration
- Reps vs. "do it for a while"
Patrick Parker is a Christian, husband, father, martial arts teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 601.248.7282