So, a while back I mentioned my fledgling Judo Catechism that I'm doing with my judo kids. It gives us something to talk about during warm-ups. It begins...
- Q: What does the word judo mean?
- A: Soft Art
- Q: What are the two most important things to learn in judo?
- A: How to fall right and how to act right."
Lately I've added the "First rule of judo" and the "Second rule of judo."
- Q: What is the First Rule of Judo?
- A: "You and me both win"
- Q: What is the Second Rule of Judo?
- A: "Find the easiest way for both of us to win."
Hmmm... Where have I heard those before? The kids are making great progress learning these.
Patrick Parker is a Christian, husband, father, martial arts teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 601.248.7282 木蓮