A dojo kun is a set of aphorisms or proverbs that describe the desired ethos of the dojo - the way the dojo and its denizens are supposed to be. The following is roughly the equivalent of a corporate dojo kun - Zappo's 10 Corporate Values (proudly stolen from Zappo's by way of Tom Peters)
- Deliver "WOW!" through service.
- Embrace and drive change.
- Create fun and a little weirdness.
- Be adventurous, creative and open-minded.
- Pursue growth and learning.
- Build open and honest relationships with communication.
- Build a positive team and family spirit.
- Do more with less.
- Be passionate and determined.
- Be humble.
I really like this. I think it pretty much describes how Mokuren Dojo (both the blog and the dojo itself) is supposed to work. What about you guys (Dear Constant Reader), what do you think? How do you think Mokuren Dojo is doing wrt these values?
Patrick Parker is a Christian, husband, father, martial arts teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 601.248.7282 木蓮