2012 has been a year of intense personal growth and dojo growth...
- I had the pleasure of seeing two of my long-time students successfully demonstrate for shodan and one for nidan! Congratulations again, Mario, Kel, and Andy! Keep it up and there is no limit to our potential!
- Weapons emphasis - We instituted regular weapons classes and have improved greatly in jo, ken, and tactical knife.
- We had a lovely ABG here at Mokuren dojo - Jodori and Jonage
- I got to attend the Howard Popkin seminar at Windsong in OKC - Internal strength and Daitoryu
- I got to go teach at Windsong in OKC - Kodokan Junokata
- I got to attend a great get-together with Nick Lowry, Greg Ables, Kyle Sloan, and the gang at Union Judo in Jackson TN
- I got to teach at Full Circle Aikido club in Killeen TX - Owaza & etc.
- I got to teach jo at Wall-to-Wall in Denham Springs a couple of times.
- I got to go teach jo and sword at Akayama at Foley Alabama.
- I got to attend an SMR jo seminar at Dallas TX
- I got to go teach at Richmond VA - Ashiwaza and Junokata
- I got to host the incomparable JW Bode here at Mokuren Dojo for a couple of days.
- This year we will be having an emphasis on Koryu-dai-ni, Koryu-dai-go kata, and Kodokan Goshin Jutsu.
- I fully expect to see two more of my students demonstrate for shodan this spring - It's coming down to the finish, Jason and Todd! At least the finish of the first step!
- I would like to schedule one seminar or teaching trip per month with the exception of October (ABG in Magnolia) and April (rank testing in Magnolia)
- Two weekends each month will be spent shooting, hunting, or camping with the family.
- I'm looking forward to seeing the growth and flourishing of my students' clubs - Union Judo, Konwakai Dojo, and Kazoku Dojo