- I do not have to derive legitimacy from a connection to a lineage of ancient masters. I am as good a master as I need.
- I do not have to do things like the old, dead, wise guys, or anyone else - "Do not strive to imitate the old masters, but seek what they sought."
- I do not have to teach or treat any two students the same way. Every student is an individual and has special needs. - "A Foolish Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds."
- I do not have to execute any given technique the same way twice. I don't even have to have techniques at all. Every instant is a brand new thing.
- I do not have to conform to the standards of any external organization. External standards are a form of coercion. "I am the Master of my Fate. I am the Captain of my Soul."
- I do not have to discard the baby with the bathwater in an attempt to be an iconoclast. The old masters and external organizations can serve as a reference without my becoming their slave.
- Nicola Tesla said if you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.
Want to discuss this blog post?
Come find me on Facebook at my Mokuren Dojo FB group